So waking up at 6:45am and leaving the house by 7:30am to begin a 45 min journey to school SUXXX. I mean it doesn't suck that much. I'm not hyperventilating as much any more now that I know my route, so people-watching is becoming more enjoyable. I mostly just feel like I am being judged a lot by French high schoolers. Then again maybe it's because I am not wearing the same thing as the rest of them are... which is most likely the case. Everyone wears the same thing here! It's really weird. All you see that is different are random goth kids, which makes me really happy ironically. I also can't tell if we are influencing their fashion or if it is the other way around. Because I am seeing a lot of adolescents in ROXY and Quicksilver gear and it is really confusing. Also a lot of sequin bags... like what IS that?! That stuff was current when I was in 9th grade, are you sure you are only 3 hours away from PARIS?! I will def continue to investigate this.
Anyway, I don't have one French teacher for the whole intro program, so yesterday's teacher was chill and very helpful, but today's teacher was just not on it. She was really nice, but more interested in talking with us because we kept getting really sidetracked and then going back to what we were going over initially which was numbers, but because of the asides we ended up talking about the number for like 30 minz. WAY TOO LONG. So that was pretty annoying. Everyone in the class noticed though so it shouldn't be a problem again, since we all want the pace of class to be increased. It goes by faster than you would think (4 hours!).
Speaking of school, campus is totally ghetto, which is kind of awesome. Here is the evidence:
The speech bubble on this one says: "my art is fucking annoying." There are also zombies and gravestones for arts and humanities. There was a huge strike last year so there is a lot of graffiti publicizing that, and since the school gets money solely from the government, it isn't used on maintaining the campus, so all the graffiti just stays there. Just a little extra character.
Today I also explored "le centre ville" more with Morgan on our quest for waterproofing spray and our bus stop. I also bought a tiny French phone, which I need to figure out how to use, and memorize my phone number. Tomorrow will be part DEUX de l'adventure Bordelaise, during which I plan on taking tons of pictures since it will be during the day (no class in the afternoon!)!!!
P.S. Had some pasta today! It was proceeded by cheese and baguette though...
"Des bisous pour la route?" Day 5
This entry was posted on Friday, January 8, 2010 and is filed under cold,early,ghetto campus,rofljudged,ROXY. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

you should add coffeee to your baguette and cheese diet!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear you are not hyperventilating on the bus/tram trip to and from school anymore! It is much easier to people watch when you are not light-headed! LOL! The amount of graffiti is amazing! I am enjoying reading your blog. The whole family is reading it and following your adventures! Keep it up as we are enjoying it so much! Love, Mommy
ReplyDelete