So I got lost saturday, and did, in fact, see a lot of frozen dog poop. I didn't want to use my transportation card so I decided to walk home from Morgan's house after class and some meandering. After initially checking a map for the route home, I was very comfortable with my abilities and continued navigating without any aid. Too bad I ended up near the stadium, which was completely in the wrong direction of my house. The funniest part was that I decided to walk to save my transportation passes but ended up needing to use 2. The second one was only because some stupid patrol guys who check your tickets got on the same bus as me; I had like 91 minutes of travel left! So it took me about 2 hours to get home, when it should have been around a 45 minute walk I think. Hahaha, well it was bound to happen eventually, and I left early enough in the evening that it hadn't been dark long by the time I got home.
I did find a little strip of activity relatively close to my neighborhood (probably about a 20 minute walk), called "Barrière du Medoc." Around the 17th century it used to be a barrier between parts of the city where to cross you would be taxed. Now it just has some restaurants, bakeries, and other little shops. I bought a pain au chocolat on the way home to reward myself for walking so far. It was interesting to see a lot of the city, but I really need to place myself direction-wise here. It's hard because it has been over-cast pretty much every day so I can't see the sun.
I got to sleep in today which was nice and then met some other kids at the Musée d'Aquitaine for the afternoon. It was really cool! Aquitaine/Bordeaux is secretly really awesome. Bordeaux was actually a pretty major port in the Roman Empire and had a legit forum, theater, and amphitheater. It was also an important port in Medieval times too and there was this huge church built by some old pope and a big castle that still exists. They have one of the rose window "frames" from the old church in the museum; it was huge! There was also a whole other floor we didn't even see, but it's free for students so we plan on going back.
No class until 13h30 tomorrow (that's 1:30pm Americans), but I have to get up and do some homework since I apparently refused to do any tonight. I better get used to doing work again, break will be over so soon!
À Bientôt!
Frozen Dog Poop- Day 8
This entry was posted on Monday, January 11, 2010 and is filed under blisters,dog poop,lost,Musée d'Aquitaine,Roman Forum. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Responses are currently closed.
