Day 86 - Joyeuses Pâques!

Well since I should be finishing internship applications I guess I will do a short update! haha.

So it has officially been three months since I arrived in France. That is such a long time, but it has really flew by! It is so weird to think of the time when I first arrived here. It was so cold and it was like no one lived here at all. Now that it is spring, besides there being more plants and trees alive, there are more people around and functioning! Now people open their shutters and you can hear people moving around in their homes when you walk around the neighborhood. Before it was always just so silent. It's really refreshing, and really makes me like the place more, which makes it difficult to think that I will be leaving right when it gets really nice and warm here. It's strange almost that I feel such a connection with this city after such a short time, but you really do adjust really quickly; I mean you just have to. I was basically auto-piloting myself to my bus stop the other day and when I noticed it was kind of amazing that I was doing that.

And while California and France are both western cultures, they are SO different. It is going to be weird adjusting back. I am so excited to see my family and friends again and be back in a more familiar place, but it will still be strange to not be in France, hearing French all the time, and baguettes, and cafés and the tram and all that. I'm excited to go back, but still sad to leave. Because really California is where I live; I really can't wait to have everything I own at my disposal again, especially all my clothes!

But no point dwelling on that now. I just need to enjoy the rest of the time that I have here. I keep forgetting that I still have Berlin and Southern France to look forward to! Both are going to be so amazing! I can't wait!!! :)

This entry was posted on Sunday, April 4, 2010. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

One Response to “Day 86 - Joyeuses Pâques!”