Lil'Red is back in France!

But this time I'm in LYON!

And boy is it beautiful. I wanted to go on a grand picture-taking adventure today, but my battery was dead - womp womp. Tomorrow! Then I will be able to post some good pictures.

But in the meantime, here is a stupid list of things I forgot about France since the last time I was here:

1. Bathrooms don't have toilets in them.
2. Shower heads are hand-held, unless you want to sit the whole time.
3. Fork goes in your left hand, knife in the right, and they stay there.
4. French people use sounds as colloquialisms often - a lot of the time this = "fart noises."
5. They also say "faire peepee" when they need to go to the bathroom (imagine this from a 40+ year old... yeah, RIDIC).
6. I can't go to just one store to buy random things; toothpaste can be found at a super market, but you have to go to the pharmacy to get allergy medicine, and appliances require a trip to the ULTRA super market... aka, this is annoying.
7. Butter is a main ingredient. Paula Dean style, especially in Lyon ("La capitale gastronomique").
8. (speaking of bad ideas...) I've eaten bread and jam the past 3 mornings for breakfast. I'm going to buy some cereal this weekend for realz. I don't really understand how french women stay so skinny if they eat this same way, because we all know what happened the last time we went down this road, and it was a fat one.
9.Eurotrash! I really can't describe these people properly, you just have to see them - it's not even just the way they dress, it's their attitude and demeanor too. Most often outfits include tight and/or shiny things + faux leather, tans, and diamonds. Quite the sight. It's like a whole other level of "guido."
10. "C'EST LA VIE"

Ok time to meet some other assistants! Hopefully they don't suck. À Bientôt!

Biz,
Kendra

This entry was posted on Friday, September 28, 2012. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply