Just to hold you over...

Vacation in Paris was absolutely wonderful! I wish I could show you all the pictures I have taken, but unfortunately, I don't have a cord to connect my camera to my computer!!! I realized this when I finally decided to get around to uploading them. I'll have to go to the store and buy something...buuut, that's going to have to wait until I get paid again. It was nice that we got paid right before vacation, but also NOT the greatest thing for learning how to budget this brand new pay check...

It was definitely the best trip I have had in Paris thus far: We went to the le Musée d'Orsay, le Louvre, le Centre Pompidou, Sacre Coeur, place des Voges, and plenty of exploring in other neighborhoods, which was definitely my favorite part. We, being me and my two friends Flora and Tamara, were able to stay with a wonderful host who showed us some areas and even drove us around at night in his car to see the city! It was really fantastic. I'll try to get some photos up as soon as possible.

Now I am back to work in Lyon, which varies every day from being funny/amusing, to the most frustrating experiences. But the kids are getting more used to me I think. Most of them greet me at school, which is pretty funny. I'm starting to see more people around town and that has always proved awkward; no one knows if they can talk to me in French, and they certainly don't want to try to speak to me in English!

Getting to know the city better has also been great - Lyon is really very beautiful. Some fun things I have done lately include going to my first European FOOTBALL game, which we, L'Olympique Lyonnais, WON (3-0). It was great. The best part of that experience was hearing the crowd cheer "LOL LOL LOLlol lollll" because they call the team "L'OL" for short. Another very Lyonnais thing I have done recently is attend the opening night of Beaujolais Nouveau. This is a festival that was created for the Beaujolais region to celebrate the new wine of the season. But, because it is brand new, (aka it has been in the barrels for like a week), it isn't very good AT ALL. I was watching a TV show and they had a top ten "flop" list, which included Beaujolais Nouveau. They explained: "There is only one thing worse than one glass of Beaujolais Nouveau wine, and that's two glasses." But there was a ridiculous pyrotechnics show and a parade with a  band and people carrying torches, and of course some good old French house music. Overall, both were very French experiences.

But, not to leave you hanging in the visual sense, here is a Timelapse film of Lyon - so you can really see how beautiful it is!


À plus tard,
Kendra

This entry was posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2012. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply