Yesterday, as you all know, was Halloween, which they definitely do not celebrate the same as back home. It is starting to become a bit more popular because of tv and stuff, but there isn't quite the same build up. Also, since today is a holiday a lot of people just go on vacation. There were a lot of students out last night though, and it was a pretty fun night actually! Even if I didn't dress up. One thing that was the most amusing to me is that most people, if they do dress up at all, dress up as zombies or other forms of dead people. Pretty much everyone looks pretty scary, or attempts to - no slutty bunnies around here!
The students at school were pretty interested in hearing about Halloween, but I only got to do the presentation I made once - my favorite class got canceled last week, so they didn't get to see it, bummer. But they all love hearing about the food and the candy most, maybe I'm going to need to do more presentations on food... I just wish the teachers would help me out a bit more - most of them seem to use my presence as free time. I don't know what the students are learning, none of them have told me, and since I am only with most of them one out of two weeks, giving them homework is not really an option. Also, none of them told me what to prepare for the week we come back from vacation, so looks like they are going to have to do something on their own (am I being unreasonably defiant??).
Nothing much more to report, after three weeks of work I have two of vacation (rough life, huh?), but to be honest I've been a bit bored. I think I need to find more to do... definitely going to start getting on the museums (Gosh, I'm SO AMERICAN).
I will do a nice post about Paris though once I get back.
Bonnes Vacances!!
