Day 14 - Chez moi

So I just realized I haven't posted pictures of where I am living yet, so here we go!

This is the front of my house. My room is on top to the right. The style of house is very typical in Bordeaux, one main door the opens to a long center hallway with all the rooms off to the sides. My part of the house was added on later so we enter through the main door then up some stairs off the hallway.

This is a view of my living room/ kitchen. I don't spend too much time in the living room but to the left of this picture the whole wall is windows and then the toilette and the salle de bain (shower and sink!). The kitchen is really small, we don't have an oven, and no hot water either! (too expensive to put over there I guess? Who knows. All the bedroom's are to the right...

And here's my room! haha, this was when I was unpacking... here's what it looks like now:


 hahaha, much better.
  I spend most of my time in my room, considering my bed is so big and perfect for lounging. also, the living room is cold! It has gotten a lot warmer in the past week so that has been nice. I still need to get used to the toilet being separate from the shower/sink thing though. I forget they are in different rooms and go to the shower all the time. haha.

Well, there's the house, I am going to go through some pictures from touring St. Emilion on Saturday and will post those soon!

This entry was posted on Sunday, January 17, 2010 and is filed under ,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

5 Responses to “Day 14 - Chez moi”

  1. Thank you for the pictures of your house! I love seeing the outside of it finally!!! Do you have hot water in the bathroom??? I hope so! Cold showers would not be fun in that weather! I love you! Mommy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, there is hot water in the bathroom. They just didn't want to run hot water lines over to the kitchen side... who knows why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello gorgeous! It's Auntie. The boys and I have had so much fun following your blog! We miss you tons! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Red - sweet posts. Tell that obnoxo French-by-way-of-China guy that we Americans are super-cool, tres urbane and far more industrious than he could ever understand and that he should not profile-slash-stereotype us. What-ev. And keep that sweet Nikon equipment dry and happy. BH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally got the hang of the blog and have loved reading about what's happening in France. I was really tickled to read about the peanut butter. I lived on that at RIT. We photographers had contests to see who could come up with the weirdest combinations. My all time favorite was and is sweet pickle (gerkins) with peanut butter.
    Try it, you'll love it. Great photos. Keep up the good work. GJ

    ReplyDelete