Day 70 - La Vie en Rose

So everyone knows about Paris. Everyone knows the monuments and museums and art. I mean the fact that I could figure out easily how to get around the city and which buildings are which just based on memory makes that pretty obvious. Granted I have been to Paris before, but let's be honest, visiting as a 9th grader, aka 6 years ago, makes it pretty easy to forget what I saw. But, after all those art history classes it was pretty sweet to see what I have studied.

Anyway, I won't bore you with all the details, but I went up to Paris two weekends ago on Thursday afternoon and was picked up from the train station by my friend Amber. We went back to her boyfriend Paul's apartment (where I would be staying for the next two nights), had dinner, had some wine, and made our way to Amber's favorite club where it was "Erasmus Night." Erasmus is the name of the study-abroad program for all the students in Europe so at the club they have a booth where you can get a sticker of the flag for what country you are from. I got Ireland. Obviously no one would question me, I'm a GINGER. It was a lot of fun; I was really in to the "I'm from Ireland" story-line and since I was, well, not entirely sober, I'm not sure how many people I told this fact to. Overall, a great night!

Friday just consisted of picking up another friend from the train station after a late start that morning, getting some Laudrée macarons (BEST EVER), and going to the Eiffel Tower for pictures. Saturday we walked around a little in the morning and then I went and met Annette, Vanessa, and Elen at their hotel near Notre Dame (6ieme arrondisement)! It was so great to see them! We got some food, checked out Notre Dame and the surrounding areas then had dinner and planned the next couple days. Sunday was climbing the Eiffel Tower and Musée d'Orsay on Vanessa's birthday, then having a lovely dinner. Monday we went to the Louvre and walked around the Toulierie gardens then crepes back near our hotel and a nap. I was so tired after that weekend, but it was great to get to Paris. I'm so excited to be able to go back in April and May when it is warm and beautiful! This trip was at the same time as the trip I took in 9th grade, so being cold was mostly expected. Another interesting observation was that there were a few people I talked to in French that couldn't understand me; and I'm talking proper nouns and they couldn't understand me. It was very strange. It was fun showing of my French skills though; I'm so excited they have improved so much.

Alright, now pictures! There are more on facebook though!

Plus random art discovery: The Symbolists!

YEEE PARIEEE

Next post: BAR(TH)CELONA

This entry was posted on Wednesday, March 17, 2010 and is filed under ,,,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

5 Responses to “Day 70 - La Vie en Rose”

  1. Where is the picture of your feet proving you were in Paris? LOL! Great pictures and blog as usual! Love this blog! I cannot wait to do Paris with you! I miss you tons and tons!!! love, Mommy! xoxoxox all over the face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well there were actual pictures of me taken this time, so I didn't need to do that. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the strategic and appropriate usage of a boldly overgeneralized introduction sentence! Since the dawn of time, few have done it better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAUX-MEXI

    3rd picture down is superb.

    love, Kassy! xoxoxoxoxo all over the face

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, my abilities to generalize often amaze me as well, hahaha. :)

    lolz, Kassy.

    ReplyDelete